Maintenance Engineer W/M
Maintenance Engineer W/M
Mobile, Alabama (USA)
Présentation de l'entreprise
REEL USA Corp. is the US entity of REEL International's North American Business Unit, and sister company of REEL-COH Inc. based in Quebec, Canada, with 72 years of experience in the custom design and manufacturing, inspection, service, refurbishment and modernization of lifting and handling systems, which qualifies us as one of the global leader in this field. Over 2,300 employees are contributing to the success of REEL globally, with over 270 employees in the North American Business Unit throughout USA and Canada. It's our objective to develop furthermore the US market and to expand our business accordingly by building and maintaining strong business relationships with important Clients.
REEL International, with a $500M USD turnover, is a worldwide state of the art specialist in the design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning of custom made equipment such as aircraft docking systems, tooling, moving lines, handling & lifting systems for the aircraft pre and final assembly lines, the maintenance & painting operations as well as the engine assembly and/or maintenance. REEL is a manufacturer and an integrator of complete aircraft pre and final automated assembly line solutions, automated and very innovative drilling solutions, and also offers a full range of turnkey maintenance services. As such, REEL delivers “performance based” solutions and is qualified by AIRBUS as one of their 65 “Strategic Suppliers”.
Présentation du poste
Maintenance & Risk Manager
This individual will be required to monitor preventive and corrective maintenance plans and procedures, implement changes to preventive and corrective maintenance items and procedures iteratively while adhering to, and in-line with, the intent of our statement of work (work specification) to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Maintenance Engineer position is responsible for performing a variety of engineering responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Perform initiating, planning, monitoring and controlling of predictive, preventive, and corrective maintenance (PM & CM) procedures involved in the installation and maintenance of production machines, jigs, tools, and the plant facility's equipment such as overhead cranes in an aeronautical environment, to include intervention. After developing PM & CM plans, load the information into SAP while guaranteeing the reliability of such information into the database;
- Manages and monitors the equipment inventory, their tasks, maintenance documentation frequencies and types, and integration of tools in the database;
- Perform engineering skills including, but not limited to processes involving, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic instrument, troubleshooting and repair of production machines. Searching out ways and means of optimizing the annual maintenance plan and the associated processes whilst improving asset availability and reducing costs;
- Follows and ensures compliance with the performance indicators related to the contract. Manages the scope of equipment to be maintained and follows the development of measurement reading to anticipate possible deviations (risk analysis);
- Writes monthly activity reports related to said duties and communicates information back to the team. Management and analysis for the maintenance activity according to experience and feedback. Assist in presenting updates on a quarterly basis which will include producing a progress plan to improve the performance set out in the contractual indicators (e.g. analysis of corrective maintenance with a view to improving preventive maintenance);
- Check the availability of the necessary documentation for the proper execution of maintenance services, including analysis and archival of the work orders (corrective + preventive). Provide proof of inspection for all regulatory inspection items and advise the client where any non-conformances have occurred (i.e., out of service date). Maintain traceability for defects and repairs concerning PM & CM SOW;
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings and work orders to support maintenance and service;
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments. For predictive maintenance: develop and deliver tools and techniques that will benefit the understanding of failure modes within the assets contained within our work specification (i.e., FMEA), develop and maintain the frequency of these undertakings ensuring that the outputs of such techniques and proposed maintenance interventions are discussed and agreed with the client prior to being undertaken, and develop proposals to extend the life expectancy of the assets and their component parts listed under our specification, thereby improving asset reliability and reducing maintenance cost;
- May require the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties;
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- For breakdowns or other CM activity, maintain a register of faults and ascertain key details such as root causes, fault codes, etcetera, and assist in presenting such data and advisement to the client on a regular basis (temporary/workaround fixes will also be maintained and subject to a change control process and the impact of such measures shall be in compliance with standards and regulations);
- As for modifications (mods), all technical details for mods when made, to include the updated drawings, software updates, and etcetera are produced and are to be made available to the client;
- Analyze user/client recurrent claims for deviation of prescribed operating methods or usage and propose an action plan for the team, assets, and new methodology.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Results Driven.
Ensuring PM & CM change control procedures are enacted in accordance with recommendations. Self-directed monitoring of PM & CM issues to include the documentation and tracking of such activities in order to improve procedures or identify points of failure and root causes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Employee should be also available for overtime based on workload and for on call duty services.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Professional Engineering Degree with education and production maintenance experience. Strong aeronautics /automobile industries experience and knowledge (aeronautics /automobile assembly lines equipment operation & maintenance) is a must to shorten the learning curve.
- Professional Engineer certification (PE) in the state of Alabama would be an asset.
- Five (5) years of maintenance experience in similar industries to include the performance of quality assurance/control measures; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical and industrial skills, overhead cranes and HVAC are a plus, or strong aviation maintenance background and aerospace ground equipment maintainers who have a thorough knowledge of aircraft related activities and especially of the equipment used to support aircraft functions.
- Professional schooling which includes proper documentation of the related duties and proven ability to conform to the criticality of the aircraft industry as prescribed by this job description (such as fault logging and analysis).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.